Zane Venture Fund Releases Annual Progress Report
About a year and a half ago, we launched Zane Venture Fund. As we head into the second half of 2021, let’s review the first six months. We are happy to report that Zane Venture Fund and Zane Access have reached some amazing milestones.
Here are a few highlights:
- Zane Venture Fund had its first close! With this close, Zane carved out 25 LP (limited partner) spots for women investors and investors to participate with lower minimums in the wealth being created through our fund.
- Zane Access hosted a Founders Only Night where 700 founders, VCs and others in the industry registered to hear from founder of Atlanta’s $3 billion unicorn, Tope Awotona of Calendly
- Zane Access’ Capital Readiness Program graduated 22 startups led by underrepresented founders. At the time of graduation on June 10th, these founders had raised $1.8M, and many were in discussions to close additional rounds.
- We added 6 new Scholars In Residence (SIRs) to our community in 2021. Over the past 2 years, our SIR program has provided opportunities to diverse students, of which 55% identify as Black / African American, 27% Asian, 9% Latinx, and 64% female.
- We increased our team, as two Advisors became partners of Zane Venture Fund.
- On the Zane Access side, we gained a new Managing Director, as well as a new Board.
What is next?
Over the next 24 months, Zane Access will build a community of 100 new underrepresented founders, help them raise a combined $10 million dollars in capital to build and scale their businesses, and increase employment in their businesses by 200 employees.
Zane Venture Fund will continue to build on our 360 VC approach by doubling down on data; becoming a huge driver on how we source and make investments primarily in the southeast as we continue to raise our $25M.
Connect with us today!
Are you ready to be a part of our next cohort? Apply now at zane.vc/cohort
If you’re interested in becoming an investor at Zane, making a donation, or talking with the team, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can read our 18-month review here: Zane 2020–21 Annual Progress Report